Easy Creamy Chicken Tenders with Rich Sauce
- 1 pkg
- (6-8) skinless chicken tenders
- 2 Tbsp
- olive or vegetable oil for the pan
- 1/3 c
- chopped spring onions (or chopped sweet onion)
- 1/3 c
- white wine (or unsalted chicken broth)
- 1 large
- tomato, seeded & cut in small chunks (or 1 small can diced tomatoes, drained)
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream (or canned evaporated milk, or whole milk). see note 1.
- basil leaves divided in half and cut in chiffonade (or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil)
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
**WITH ALTERNATIVE SUGGESTIONS FOR LISTED INGREDIENTS
How to Make Easy Creamy Chicken Tenders with Rich Sauce
- 1Heat enough olive oil (approx. 2 T.) to coat your sauté pan, add the chopped onion, and cook until tender and translucent;
- 2add the chicken tenders and sear; remove chicken from pan and add the white wine (or chicken broth) to deglaze the pan. let reduce by 1/4 (approximately 3 minutes on med/high heat).
- 3Add the tomatoes and let cook until the tomatoes soften. Then add the heavy cream (or milk), worcestershire sauce and 1/2 half of the basil leaves that have been cut (or 1/2 of the dried basil leaves).
- 4Add the chicken tenders back to the sauce and let cook for approximately 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens a little. Before serving add the rest of the basil chiffonade (or dried basil).
- 5NOTE 1: You can increase the amount of sauce by increasing the wine (or broth) and cream (or milk); just taste to see if it needs more salt, pepper and/or basil and worcestershire sauce. ALSO, if you would like a thinner sauce with fewer calories, you can omit the cream/milk and increase the wine/broth to 1/2 cup. This will change the taste and creaminess -but will still be good.
- 6NOTE 2: ** I have included alternatives to the listed ingredients in case you can't use or don't have some of the ingredients (wine, fresh veggies, etc.). Just be aware if you use the alternative ingredients, it will not be the same recipe or taste the same as my original dish -but will still be as good.