Early Marriage Chicken Paprika
Back in "those days", it was considered slightly "exotic". An "Americanized" version of Chicken Paprika, but still pretty good.
- chicken, cut up, or equivilant in desired pieces or cut up breasts and/or thigh meat
- 1/4 c
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 c
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth (swanson)
- 2 - 3
- carrots, minced
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- sour cream
How to Make Early Marriage Chicken Paprika
- 1Mix 1/4 cup flour with the salt and pepper. Wet chicken, coat with flour mixture.
- 2Brown chicken pieces in the hot oil, removing pieces as they brown.
- 3Stir paprika into remaining oil; mix well. Slowly add chicken broth, mixing well. Bring to a boil, mixing well. Add chicken pieces and carrots. Cover, reduce to a simmer. Simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- 4Arrange chicken and carrots on a platter; keep warm.
- 5Stir 3 tablespoons flour into 1/4 cup water; stir until mixed. Slowly stir into mixture in skillet; boil one minute.
- 6Lower heat; stir in sour cream. Heat til hot - do not boil. Pour over chicken. Serve over rice or noodles.