Early Marriage Chicken Paprika
Back in "those days", it was considered slightly "exotic". An "Americanized" version of Chicken Paprika, but still pretty good.
1chicken, cut up, or equivilant in desired pieces or cut up breasts and/or thigh meat
·salt and pepper to taste
1 - 2 Tbsppaprika
1 can(s)chicken broth (swanson)
2 - 3carrots, minced
1 csour cream
How to Make Early Marriage Chicken Paprika
- Mix 1/4 cup flour with the salt and pepper. Wet chicken, coat with flour mixture.
- Brown chicken pieces in the hot oil, removing pieces as they brown.
- Stir paprika into remaining oil; mix well. Slowly add chicken broth, mixing well. Bring to a boil, mixing well. Add chicken pieces and carrots. Cover, reduce to a simmer. Simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Arrange chicken and carrots on a platter; keep warm.
- Stir 3 tablespoons flour into 1/4 cup water; stir until mixed. Slowly stir into mixture in skillet; boil one minute.
- Lower heat; stir in sour cream. Heat til hot - do not boil. Pour over chicken. Serve over rice or noodles.