Diabetic Chicken Romano
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- egg white
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/4 c
- cornflakes, crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- grated romano cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning,basil, or oregano crushed
- 4 oz
- dried multi-grain spaghetti
- 1 1/3 c
- low-sodium tomato base pasta sauce
- shaved or grated romano cheese
- snipped fresh italian parsley
How to Make Diabetic Chicken Romano
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 15x10 in. baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2Place each piece of chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- 3Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/2 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Set aside.
- 4In a shallow dish use a fork to beat together egg white and the water. In another shallow dish combine crushed cornflakes, the 2 tablespoons grated cheese, the Italian seasoning, and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 5Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, into egg mixture; dip into cornflake mixture, turning to coat. Place coated chicken in the prepared baking pan.
Bake about 18 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- 6Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small saucepan cook pasta sauce until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 7To serve, divide cooked spaghetti among four serving plates. Top with chicken and pasta sauce. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese and/or parsley.