Diabetic Chicken Romano
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 1/4 ccornflakes, crushed
2 Tbspgrated romano cheese
1/2 tspitalian seasoning,basil, or oregano crushed
4 ozdried multi-grain spaghetti
1 1/3 clow-sodium tomato base pasta sauce
·shaved or grated romano cheese
·snipped fresh italian parsley
How to Make Diabetic Chicken Romano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 15x10 in. baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place each piece of chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/2 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish use a fork to beat together egg white and the water. In another shallow dish combine crushed cornflakes, the 2 tablespoons grated cheese, the Italian seasoning, and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, into egg mixture; dip into cornflake mixture, turning to coat. Place coated chicken in the prepared baking pan.
Bake about 18 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small saucepan cook pasta sauce until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, divide cooked spaghetti among four serving plates. Top with chicken and pasta sauce. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese and/or parsley.