Deluxe Honey Pecan Chicken Salad
- 4 c
- cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 1/2 c
- green or red seedless grapes, sliced
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- celery, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 tsp
- poppy seeds (optional)
- seasoning to taste (i use cajun seasoning, like tony cachere's)
How to Make Deluxe Honey Pecan Chicken Salad
- 1Combine seasoned chicken, grapes, celery (if used) and pecans in a large bowl, set aside.
- 2Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, honey and poppy seeds in a small bowl to blend. Add to chicken mixture.
- 3Toss well to coat. Serve over lettuce, or with your favorite bread or crackers.
- 4Note: the original recipe doesn't call for celery. I add it when I want to change the taste up a bit and add a little more crunch. It's equally delicious either way. Another variation is to use dried cranberries in place of the grapes.