Crockpot Mexican Chicken
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 jar(s)salsa, mild
1/2 jar(s)salsa verde (green salsa)
1 cchicken broth, low salt, low fat (maybe a little more)
1/4 tspcayenne pepper or 1/2 teasp. of hot sauce
2 Tbspsour cream (heaping) optional
3 pkgrice, boil in a bag
How to Make Crockpot Mexican Chicken
- trim excess fat off of breasts and place them in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Pour jar of salsa over chicken, then follow with the salsa verde. Pour chicken broth so that the chicken is slightly covered by liquid. Add cayenne papper or hot sauce to taste.
- Cover and cook in crockpot on high for 4 hours - do not open lid during cooking. After 4 hours the chicken should be fork tender.
- Shred chicken in crockpot with 2 forks pulling opposite each other. Turn crockpot to warm and let sit for about 5 minutes - the chicken will absorb the liquid. While chicken is on warm, cook the rice.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and serve over cooked rice. Enjoy!!