Crockpot Mexicali Chicken
There are many ways to serve this - simply as a chicken breast with the vegetables on rice; or you can shred the chicken and serve it with tortillas for soft tacos.
You can use cheddar or Mexican style cheese. You can cook this in the oven in a casserole, and let the cheese melt and get browned. So versatile!
How to Make Crockpot Mexicali Chicken
- 1Spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray
- 2Put in the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with cumin if desired.
- 3Drain the corn and black beans. Add to crockpot.
- 4Add the salsa to the crockpot.
- 5Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 2-3 hours until chicken is tender.
- 6Top with cheese, and cook for about 20 minutes longer until the cheese is melted.