Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
I prepare it the night before and set it on low in the morning, by evening there is a hot thick spicy soup! My two young boys enjoy it!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2-3frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cfrozen corn kernels
1envelope taco seasoning
1 can(s)rotel tomatoes with green chilies or 1 cup medium salsa
2 can(s)refried beans
1 can(s)small can chopped green chilies
2 cmexican blend shredded cheese
1 bag(s)corn chips
2 csour cream (mexican style extra sour if you can find it)
1 can(s)black olives, sliced or chopped
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Preparation: fill removable crock from crockpot with frozen breasts, frozen corn, seasoning, beans, and tomatoes or salsa. Place in fridge, covered overnight. (You could start with thawed breasts in the morning but have found this method the easiest for me.)
- Set out crock to warm in morning without heat for about a half hour to avoid cracking the crock.
- Set crock into electric warmer, set to low for 5-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with forks. Add can of green chilies undrained. Return chicken to crock. Stir well and recover. Switch warmer from low to warm. Cook for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese, and olives as garnish.