Crock Pot Cranberry Chicken (Turkey)
4 lbchicken thighs, skinless and boneless
1/3 corange juice
1 can(s)whole-berry cranberry sauce
2 Tbsppacked brown sugar
1 Tbspsoy sauce
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tspallspice (optional)
1 Tbspcold water
How to Make Crock Pot Cranberry Chicken (Turkey)
- Spray inside crockpot with a non-stick cooking spray
- (Optional)Lightly brown chicken pieces of your choice before placing in crock pot. I seasoned my chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder before placing in crockpot.
- Combine all ingredients except water and cornstarch in crock pot/slow cooker. Mix the chicken/turkey in the crockpot with the sauce ingredients.
- Cook and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. (If you browned the chicken beforehand,cut back on the cooking time since you don't want to overcook the meat.
- Ten minutes before serving, stir together cold water and constarch; add to chicken mixture.
- Cover and cook until thickened for about 10 minutes.
- Note: Turkey breast tenders can be used as well. If you enjoy more sauce, you may double the ingredients to pour over the meat, rice or noodles. The recipe called for 2 lbs turkey tenders. I used 8 chicken thighs for the same amount of ingredients. It seemed to be enough sauce, but I doubled the ingredients to be sure.