Crock-pot Chicken Chili
I use a mixture of pintos, great northern, and adzuki beans. Use whatever bean mixture you like.
Prepare everything overnight, so you can get up for breakfast, pour everything into the crock-pot and forget about till dinner time. The aroma from the cumin will kick-start any appetite.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
3 cdry beans (any combination will work)
2 lbchicken breast
2 Tbspground cumin seed
2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
2 tspsea salt
1 can(s)diced tomatoes with green chilies
4 1/2 cchicken broth
1 mediumonion- chopped
1 tspcrushed red pepper
1-2 Tbspchili powder
1 Tbspblack pepper
How to Make Crock-pot Chicken Chili
- In a large bowl, soak the dry beans in 4-5 cups cold water. Cover and set aside over night.
- Mix ground cumin seed, salt, and olive oil together. Cut chicken into large chunks and mix into marinade until well incorporated. Chill overnight.
- Next day, drain the water off the beans and put them in the crock pot with the marinaded chicken and all the other ingredients.
- Cook for 8 hours or until the beans are fully cooked. Shred the chicken and mix everything well.
- Serve with rice, sour cream, shredded cheese, and/or tortilla chips.