Crispy Chicken Tenders
2 largeboneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cmilk or buttermilk
·salt and pepper to taste
·oil for frying
How to Make Crispy Chicken Tenders
- Slice chicken breasts into strips, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Pour milk into a bowl and add egg, mix well. Dredge chicken slices in flour, then dip in the milk mixture, then roll in remaining flour to coat well. Use more flour if necessary and set aside.
- Heat oil in a fryer with deep sides or heat a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- PAN FRYING: When oil is hot, lay chicken strips in the pan being sure not to over crowd. You may have to do this in batches. When browned on bottom side, turn and brown the other side. Tenders are done when golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes or so per side.
- DEEP FRY: Lower basket into the hot oil. Carefully drop chicken strips in to the basket, a few at a time. Cook about 5 to 6 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove to a serving platter and add more salt and pepper, if desired.