creamy dill chicken
- chicken. bone in or out, skinless or with skin, light or dark, the choice is yours.
- 1 qt. whipping cream
- dill weed, i prefer fresh but dried or frozen will work
- salt and pepper to taste
- couple tbsp. flour in 1/4 cup cold water for slurry
- few tbsp. oil for browning chicken
- 1 cup water
- please note: you can use any amount of chicken and cream just adjust so cream covers chicken. also means less gravy!!!!!
How to Make creamy dill chicken
- 1Salt and pepper chicken pieces(i like to use skinless boneless chicken breast,but great with any.) Brown in large heated skillet with the oil, until nice and brown.
- 2Add l cup water and let steam, on high, uncovered until chicken is tender and water is mostly gone (10-15 min.). Turn a couple of times.
- 3Turn heat down to med. add cream and dill and heat till just simmering, add dill and salt and pepper to taste, and dill weed.
- 4Add slurry of remaining water and flour, a little at a time, till slightly thickened. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. heat to simmer for a couple minutes and it is ready to serve. You are going to love this dish.!!!!