Creamy Chicken & Pasta
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into 1/2" medallions
1 Tbspolive oil
1 smallonion, sliced thin
1/2 tsptomato basil & garlic seasoning (i use mrs. dash)
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 can(s)chicken broth
10 ozfresh spinach
1 pkgdry italian dressing mix
1 smallcan sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can(s)diced tomatoes, drained
8 ozneufchatel or fat free cream cheese, cubed
1 lbdry penne or rotini pasta
How to Make Creamy Chicken & Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken & onion in olive oil. When chicken starts to brown a bit add all the seasonings & stir well. Then add broth and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add cubes of cream cheese and spinach.
Cover & reduce heat to med-low to allow spinach to wilt down. Uncover, stir & simmer about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and cook 5 min. longer.
- In a large bowl mix the pasta & sauce. Allow to stand a few minutes before serving to let the flavors marry & the sauce to thicken up a bit.
- ** This makes a nice loose sauce as is. If you want it thicker, reduce the amount of broth. IF you have any left over, it will be a very thick sauce when reheating.