Creamy Chicken Cobbler
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 tspwhite pepper
2 cchicken stock or broth
1 ccooked chicken, coarsely chopped
2 cfrozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1/4 cheavy cream
BISCUIT TOPPING (OR USE ALTERNATE RECIPE WITH 4-6 BISCUIT YIELD)
150 gself-rising flour
150 gheavy cream
How to Make Creamy Chicken Cobbler
- Preheat the oven to 425F .
- Melt the butter in a medium-large sauce pan over medium heat. Let the butter sizzle but do not brown it. Add the flour and stir to combine thoroughly and allow flour to cook one minute.
- Add the chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well between each addition to remove lumps. Turn the heat to low and allow the sauce to cook 1 to 2 minutes at a slow simmer being careful not to scorch it.
- Add the chicken and thawed vegetables and heat through. Add the cream, stir to mix thoroughly, and remove from heat.
- Prepare the biscuit dough. If using the cream/self-rising flour formula, stir to mix the ingredients until all flour is incorporated and dough forms a ball.
- Pour the chicken and vegetable mixture into a 9" x 9" glass baking dish. Using a tablespoon, distribute small blobs of biscuit dough evenly on top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until filling is bubbling and biscuits are golden brown. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.