Cream Cheese Crockpot Chicken
Friends and family request this recipe and nearly everyone asks for the recipe. It smells so good while cooking!
NOTE: If you don't have time to wait for the sauce to thicken, try making it in a sauce pan.
- chicken breasts (boneless)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (melted)
- pepper to taste
- 1 pkg
- italian seasoning mix (dry, 1 packet)
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken bouillon granules
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 large
- 1-2 clove
- garlic (crushed)
How to Make Cream Cheese Crockpot Chicken
- 1Brush chicken with 1 Tablespoon butter and place in crockpot. Sprinkle with dry Italian seasoning mix.
- 2Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- 3About 45 minutes before done, remove chicken and reserve about 1/2 cup juices in the bottom before return chicken to crockpot.
- 4Brown the onion in remaining butter in a saucepan and then add the cream cheese, cream and chicken broth.Add crushed garlic and stir all ingredients until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Pour sauce mixture over chicken in crockpot and cook an additional 30-45 minutes. (Alternatively, you can thicken sauce in the saucepan by adding 1 Tbsp water with 1 Tbsp cornstarch and stir until thickened, then pour over chicken.)
- 6Remove chicken to platter and pour sauce on top. Serve by itself or over pasta.