★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 lbs chicken thighs (skin removed)
- 2/3 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries (rinsed) i use fresh for this recipe
How to Make Cranberry Chicken
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place butter and chopped onion in a 10 x 15" roasting pan. In a 400 degree oven, roast onions uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until golden. Push onions to the side of the roasting pan.
- 2Place chicken in the same roasting pan, but not on the onions. Bake, uncovered for 25 minutes.
- 3While the chicken cooks, prepare the sauce. In a bowl, stir Katchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard together. Add cranberries. At the end of the 25 minutes, scoop out the browned onions and add to the sauce.
- 4Spread chicken evenly in the pan and spoon cranberry mixture (sauce) over the chicken. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce is caramelized.
- 5I serve Cranberry Chicken with rice....Enjoy!