- 1 c
- fresh blackberries or rasberries chopped
- 2 tsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- whole grain mustard
- 1 lb
- chicken tenders or breasts cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- (or more if needed) cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Cornmeal Crusted Chicken Strips with Berry Mustard Sauce
- 1Mash berries, honey and mustard in a small bowl until it looks like a chunky sauce
- 2Place cornmeal in a bowl, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to cornmeal and toss until coated.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, reduce heat to medium. Add chicken and turn once or twice until cooked through. The thinner pieces will not take as long. I cooked my strips about 8 mins. per side for normal thickness strips.
- 4Serve with dipping sauce. These strips were also good in a tortilla as a wrap.