Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon!
As usual, I didn't measure anything, so please use your judgment if you make.
- jumbo corn muffins (i bought them already made)
- onion, diced fine
- stalks, celery, diced fine
- small red pepper
- chicken bouillon cube
- slices bacon, plus 1 tbs of bacon fat
- eggs, beaten
- cup butter (1 stick) -- i used more
- cup chicken broth
- poultry seasoning, parsley, salt, pepper
How to Make Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon!
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in Dutch oven or large pan. Add about 1 TBS of bacon fat (if you wish) for added flavor. Sautee the onions, celery, & red pepper until soft with some salt.
- 2Add poultry seasoning (about 1 tsp), chicken bouillon cube, and dissolve. Crumble up the muffins & add them to the pan. Stir gently. Add chicken broth & some more butter, if you want. :)
- 3Crumble up the bacon & stir into the stuffing. Remove from heat & stir in 2 beaten eggs. Mix well, add some curly parsley & stir.
- 4Pour in a greased baking dish, & add a little bit more chicken broth (maybe another 1/4 cup) & bake for about 40 minutes on 350. You may want to add some butter on top to brown nicely.