Columbian Chicken and Potato Soup
- 4 c
- chicken broth, low salt
- 1 lb
- chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- corn cobbettes
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- onions, small white, thinly sliced
- celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 4 clove
- garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lb
- 2 Tbsp
- lime juice
- 1/4 tsp
- oregano, dried
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- avocado, sliced
- cilantro, fresh
How to Make Columbian Chicken and Potato Soup
- 1In a large saucepan or Duth oven, combine the chicken broth and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Add the chicken and corn and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2Remove the chicken and corn from the saucepan and reserve.
- 3Strain the cooking liquid into a large bowl or measuring cup and reserve.
- 4Wipe out the saucepan and heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic, and cook, sitrring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Add the potatoes and reserved cooking liquid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, shred the chicken and cut the corn pieces into 1-inch thick rounds. Return the chicken and corn to the soup.
- 7Add the lime juice, oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 8Serve the soup with avocado slices, sprigs of cilantro, capers and lime wedges.