Cin's 'Mr Pepper wrapped in a Leafy Red Suit' sammie
I had almost everything for this one already in my garden...was a fun sammie to
We just finished it for an early lunch...made for a nice light lunch.
We enjoyed it, I hope you do too!!!
NOTE from Cin: These are pix I took of a little bit of the crop from my garden last year, but I thought they fit right in here with my creative 'Sammie".
- 2 large
- red peppers (fresh from my garden), roasted on the grill
- 6 large
- lettuce leaves; red leaf lettuce, rince and pat dry
- 1 large
- yellow squash (fresh from my garden), steamed
- 1 large
- tomato (fresh from my garden), diced
- 1/2 c
- crema balsamica (davinci brand)
- 1 c
- feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 can(s)
- (13 oz) swanson white meat chicken chuncks (packed in water, drained)
- 1/3 c
- 3.4 tsp
- dry mustard
- salt & pepper (to taste; if needed)
- serve with:
- 2 medium
- cucumbers (fresh from my garden), sliced lengthwise
- 1 c
- prepared potato salad (from the deli)
- triscuit thin crisps, crackers
Rough chop the roasted peppers, set aside.
Slice the yellow squash and steam (or boil in Water) til tender, set aside.
Rince lettuce leaves, pat dry and set aside.
Dice tomato, and set aside (can peal or leave as is)
Pour the Crema Balsamica over this and fold together...add cheese, stir together and set in refrigerator until needed.
Fold chicken chunks, mayo & dry mustard together, breaking chuncks up a little so they are not to large (or mash it up if you'd rather)....I like small chunks in this. Add salt and pepper (if needed).
OPTION: Add pickle rellish if you desire.
You'll be making 3 wraps.
Spoon as much of the chicken mixture on top of lettuce leaves.
Divide roasted red pepper mix between the 3-lettuce wraps and spoon over chicken.
Cut one of the wraps in half.
Lay one an a half wrap on each of the 2-plates, add potato salad, cucumber slices and triscuits on the side to go with your
'Mr Pepper wraped in a Red Suit' sammies.
P.S. I do not use a lot of salt, so you just use the amount you want.