Chinese Take-Out at Home (Chicken)
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Quick and easy to make, this is the perfect home-cooked, go-to meal after a long day. The Test Kitchen
1green or red pepper
2 cbroccoli florets
1 pkgbean sprouts, fresh
1 bottleHouse of Tsang Classic Stir-Fry Sauce, to taste
2 Tbspsesame oil
·red pepper flakes, to taste
2 ccooked white rice
How to Make Chinese Take-Out at Home (Chicken)
- Cut veggies into bite size pieces of the same approximate size. Mince the garlic.
- Cube chicken. Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in large saute pan (or olive oil if preferred). Saute diced chicken until cooked through. Set cooked chicken aside.
- Heat remaining tbsp sesame oil in the same pan. Saute veggies over medium heat in this order giving each a minute or two to soften before adding the next veggie...onion, broccoli florets, green pepper, garlic cloves, bean sprouts.
- Once veggies are nearly cooked through, add chicken back into the original pan with veggies. Add Classic Stir Fry sauce to taste.
- At this point, you can add red pepper flakes to taste which my husband and I really enjoy. When I make this dish for the children, I leave out the heat.
- Cook white rice according to directions and serve chicken/veggies over rice. A dash of soy sauce and a sprinkle of sesame seeds (toasted if you like) and you've got Chinese take out at home!