Chinese style Lemon Chicken!
I t was voted favorite recipe in one of my cooking classes. :-0
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 t vegetable oil
- 6 oz. (about 2 cups) snow pea pods, cut in half on the bias
- 1 box (regular size) lemon jello (i use sugar free)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. white balsamic vinegar see note @ bottom
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small red pepper, cut into thin strips.
Add to skillet, reduce heat to medium and stirring cook until sauce thickens.
Serve over rice.
White Balsamic Vinegar comes in small bottles and the best know brand is: ALESSI. It is not clear as one would expect, but sort of a light caramel color.
It also comes in several flavors, like pear fig raspberry and is delicious just on its own sprinkled on salad greens.
If you don't want to invest in it
USE RICE WINE VINEGAR AND A PINCH OF SUGAR INSTEAD.