Chicken with sugar snap peas & caramelized onion
Sorry I do not have a photo to post because I was being rushed the family was starving!
2 Tbspolive oil
6boneless skinless chicken breast very thin sliced
1 Tbspemerils essence - see my recipe
2 Tbspchives, dried
2 Tbspcrushed garlic
1 pkgfrozen sugar snap peas defrosted
2 Tbsptomato paste
1 1/2 clow fat evaporated milk
1 clow sodium chicken broth
·salt and pepper to taste
1 lbfusili pasta
How to Make Chicken with sugar snap peas & caramelized onion
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, thinly slice the onion and add to the heated olive oil along with the sugar, heat on medium to low heat until the onions are soft and brown, stirring to make sure the onions don't burn, keep flames a little lower to make sure they don't burn. Once they are soft and brown, remove from pan and place in a a bowl cover with foil to keep warm.
- Sprinkle both side of the chicken breast with Emeril's Essence, place the chicken in the same pan, if you need more oil add some. Saute until brown and cooked through.
- make the pasta at this point
- Add the garlic, chives and sugar snap peas, cook for 1-2 mins.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Add the caramelized onions. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce is thick, if the sauce seems to thick add some of the pasta water, salt if needed.
- Place the Pasta on a large platter place the chicken on top and spoon over the sauce, add some freshly ground pepper