Chicken with Strawberry Sauce
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/8 tspground nutmeg
1 cdiced fresh strawberries
1/2 cwhite wine
2 tspminced fresh mint
2boneless skinless chicken breasts
How to Make Chicken with Strawberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare the chicken breasts for baking, using a non-stick cooking spray on a baking pan. Pat the meat dry.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes on one side.
- While chicken bakes, mix cornstarch, sugar, nutmeg, pepper with 1/2 cup of water. Mix well.
- Add strawberries and wine to sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Once sauce is boiling, reduce heat, simmer about 5 minutes then add the mint.
- When the chicken had baked for 20 minutes, turn it over and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and continue to bake for 15 - 20 more minutes, until internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
- When chicken is 165 degrees F, brush with SOME of the sauce (I use 1/4 or less) and continue to bake for 5 - 7 more minutes.
- Spoon more of the sauce over and serve. (I think white rice or wild rice is perfect under this!)
- Any left over sauce (we always have some) can be served over ice cream (hey, it's no weirder than over chicken!). We are also going to try it over baked brie.