CHICKEN WITH POLYNESIAN VEGETABLES
2frying chickens, cut up
·flour seasoned with salt and pepper
1 tspinstant beef bouillon
1 Tbspsoy sauce, low sodium
2 cdiagonally sliced celery
2 cdiagonally sliced carrots
2 cgreen peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 csliced green onion
15 ozcan water chestnuts thinly sliced
1/2 cunsweetened pineapple juice
2 to 3 tspcornstarch
How to Make CHICKEN WITH POLYNESIAN VEGETABLES
- Coat chicken lightly with seasoned flour.
- Melt butter in a shallow baking dish. Arrange chicken in dish.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 35 additional minutes or until chicken is tender.
- POLYNESIAN VEGETABLES:
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat add celery, carrots, and green pepper.
- Return to boiling cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add green onion and water chestnuts cook 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables to a heated dish and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and pineapple juice stir into broth and cook until thickened.
- Pour over vegetables. Serve piping hot.