Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar, Sweet Onions & Thym
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 lb
- uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts four 4oz pieces
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 small
- onions, vidalia, peeled,cut in half lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 c
- reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- thyme, fresh, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp
How to Make Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar, Sweet Onions & Thym
- 1On a plate, combine flour, 1?2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and turn to coat; shake off any excess.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until golden and cooked through, about 7 minutes; remove to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
- 3Add onion to skillet; sauté over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add broth, vinegar, thyme and remaining 1?4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring often, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Remove skillet from heat and stir in butter until melted; spoon sauce over chicken. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 1/4 cup onion sauce per serving.