He produced a dish so simple, yet so delicious, I wrote down the ingredients to try when I got home.
Fast forward to a snowy night when I needed a great meal in a hurry with ingredients I had on hand. I remembered that afternoon in Italy and decided to try to replicate that perfect dish.
This easy, elegant dish comes close. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 1/2-2 lb
- chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 1 can(s)
- artichoke hearts, canned (quartered, water packed)
- 10 - 12 large
- spanish olives stuffed with pimento (halved)
- 1 c
- white wine (or chicken broth)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Toscana
- 1Preheat oven to 350º. Place chicken in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- 2Drain artichoke hearts and place them on top of the chicken.
- 3Cut olives in half and toss them on top of the artichokes.
- 5Cover with casserole lid or aluminum foil and place in center of preheated oven. Cook until chicken is done and tender, about 45.