Chicken Tomato Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cubed
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 can(s)tomatoes, canned italian-style and diced 16 oz
1 boxchicken broth, low salt 16 oz
1 can(s)tomato paste, 3 oz
1 can(s)cannellini beans (white kidney beans) 16 oz
1shallot or small onion, diced
3 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1palm full of crushed basil
2large handfuls of fresh spinach, stems removed
1 can(s)sliced carrots 14 oz
1 can(s)potatoes, sliced or diced 14 oz
How to Make Chicken Tomato Soup
- In large saucepan or stock pot on medium heat, put olive oil in bottom of pan let heat up, add onions and garlic. Let sweat for 2 minutes stirring, add basil.
- Let cook for 3 more minutes stirring, add can of diced tomatoes and the tomato paste and stir well
- Add chicken breast and chicken broth let cook for 20 minutes.
- Add Cannellini Beans,carrots and potatoes. Let cook 20 minutes.
- Add Spinach stir for 2 minutes to allow to wilt and is then ready to serve.
- Optional: Add some Shredded Italian Mix Cheese and some Homemade Croutons to the top! Can also garnish with a couple of fresh spinach leaves to top of bowl.
A garlic batter dipped grilled cheese sandwich goes great with this soup!