CHICKEN THIGHS WITH BARLEY AND PECANS
2 Tbspoil, divided
1/3 cpecan halves
1 largeonion, chopped
1/2 lbmushrooms, sliced
2 1/4 cchicken broth
1 cquick barley
1 largecarrot, shredded
2 Tbspparsley, chopped
How to Make CHICKEN THIGHS WITH BARLEY AND PECANS
- In a Dutch oven or casserole, brown pecans in 1 T oil for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, in 1 T of oil, brown chicken for 10 minutes. Remove.
- To hot fat add mushrooms and onion. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add barley and carrot. Cover and cook 12-15 minutes more. Stir in pecans and parsley.
- *If thighs are thawed, skip 10 minute simmer time.