Chicken Tetrazzini in a Slow Cooker
This is so easy and the first part can be combined and put in the fridge the night before for all you working gals. If you put the ingredients in a disposable slow cooker bag (and put in a bowl in case of leaks)when you refrigerate the night before there is no clean up either.
I must have been making this for 20 plus years and it always comes out delish. It is one of my go to's.
4boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cchicken broth
1/2 cwhite wine
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
4 ozcan mushrooms
1/4 tspdried thyme
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 tspdried parsley
1/4 ccold water
1/2 cevaporated milk
8 ozspaghetti, cooked and drained
1/2 cparmesean cheese, grated
·fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini in a Slow Cooker
- Put a disposable slow cooker liner in your slow cooker.
- Cut the chicken into good sized chunks or strips. I like about a 2 inch or bigger chunk
- Chop onion and put onion and chicken in the slowcooker.
- Add the broth, wine, onion,mushrooms, salt thyme, pepper and parsley.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Turn to high. Dissolve cornstarch and water together and stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Stir in milk, cooked spaghetti, and half of the parmesean cheese.
- Serve in beautiful pasta bowls, sprinkle with remaining parmesean, and some fresh chopped parsley.