Chicken Tarragon Alfredo with Fettuccine
- 2 large
- chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cubed
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 1/2 lb
- sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- whole milk
- 1 tsp
- 1 large
- bunch fresh tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Tarragon Alfredo with Fettuccine
- 1Cut the chicken breast up in cubes. Melt 1 tbsp. butter in your saute pan and saute the chicken until almost done, leaving some pink in the middle. You will finish cooking this in the sauce.
- 2Add the ground garlic in with the chicken just before you're finished cooking it. Add some of the tarragon leaves. Saute for a second or two and remove the chicken from the pan. Set aside.
- 3Add another tbsp. butter and saute the sliced mushrooms until just done, don't over cook them either. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 4Add the last two tbsp. butter and melt it. Then add the flour and make a rue. Add the milk and make a thick sauce. Add in the chicken and mushrooms and cook on low for a few minutes. Turn off the heat and cover the pot and set aside.
- 5Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- 6Serve with the Tarragon Alfredo Sauce.
- 7Sprinkle with some grated cheese if you wish.