★★★★★ 1 vote5
- whole wheat pita bread rounds, split horizontally
- 1 tsp
- olive oil or canola oil
- 2- 5 oz
- can no-salt-added chunk chicken breast, drained
- 1/4 c
- bottled salsa
- 1 c
- shredded reduced-fat/fat free monterey jack and/or cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded lettuce
- 2/3 c
- halved grape tomatoes or chopped tomato
- (recipe below) light sour cream drizzle
- 1 c
- light sour cream
- 1-2 tsp
- fat-free milk
LIGHT SOUR CREAM DRIZZLE
How to Make Chicken Taco Pizza (Diabetic)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place pita bread pieces, cut sides up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Lightly brush cut sides of each piece with oil. Bake about 4 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together drained chicken and salsa. Evenly spoon chicken mixture over pita bread pieces. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3Bake about 5 minutes more or until chicken is heated through and cheese melts
- 4To serve, top with lettuce and sprinkle with grape tomatoes. Drizzle with Light Sour Cream Drizzle.
- 5FOR SOUR CREAM DRIZZLE...
In a small bowl, stir together light sour cream and fat-free milk. If desired, transfer mixture to a small resealable plastic bag. Snip off one corner and squeeze onto pizzas.