Chicken Satay w/Spicy Coconut Peanut Sauce
It's very easy to make.
This recipe is from my Ninja cookbook.
- wooden skewers
- cooking spray
- 1 lb
- chicken tenderloins, boneless - skinless, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 - 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- salt & ground black pepper
- toasted coconut (if desired to sprinkle on skewers before cooking.)
- 2 Tbsp
- 14 oz
- can of coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp
- peanut butter, creamy
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 Tbsp
- light brown sugar, firmly packed
- fresh cilantro leaves
CREAMY COCONUT/PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE
How to Make Chicken Satay w/Spicy Coconut Peanut Sauce
- 1Spray skewers and cooking rack with cooking spray. Thread chicken onto the skewers. I just laid them on the cutting board and pressed the skewer through while laying flat. It seemed to work the best. Once you have them on the skewers mix up your seasonings in a bowl cayenne, ginger, salt & pepper and sprinkle over skewers on both sides.
- 3Place the roasting rack down into the Ninja while sauce is still cooking. Set your chicken skewers all on the rack. Sprinkle with toasted coconut if desired. Now, set to OVEN to 325 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes till chicken is cooked through. When cooked, remove, cover to keep warm till served.
(Both times I made this, it has been 15 minutes for my skewers.)
- 4If need be, cook the coconut peanut butter sauce mixture for an addt'l 5 minutes or until desired thickness. Make sure to stir often. Serve skewers with sauce for dipping. We like this as a main dish and serve with a seasoned rice but it would be great as appetizers before a meal as well.
If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.