Anthony Nicometi Jr
I made this yesterday for my Dad, and he went crazy for it. said it was one of the best things I've ever made, I hope you all enjoy it :)
- medium to large chicken breast
- peanut/canola/vegetable oil
- mild sausage links
- 1/2 c
- spanish onion
- 3 slice
- provolone cheese (diced)
- 1/2 Tbsp
- jar'd minced garlic (or 2 fresh cloves minced)
- 1 pinch
- dried oregano
- 2 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp
- milk or half & half
- 1 c
How to Make Chicken Roulade
- 1Cook Stuffing, Dice the onion and lightly sautee' until soft and translucent without any color (5-6 mins). add your sausage to the pan and begin to crumble it up. Once your sausage is about done (7-8 mins) add your garlic and sautee for another 2 mins. Transfer into a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool. After thoroughly cooled, Mix in the 1/2 cup of Breadcrumbs and 1 egg, and diced slices of Provolone, and mix until combined
- 2Butterfly your chicken breast so they open like a book. Cover with Plastic wrap and pound until an even thickness is achieved.
- 3Take 1/3rd of the Stuffing mixture and Shape into a log, then place in the chicken. Tightly Roll the Chicken so that none of the stuffing is exposed (If some is popping out of the ends, Its fine) Repeat with the remaining pieces of Chicken.
- 4Set up your basic breading station. Flour, Egg/milk mix & Panko and Bread as follows.
Lightly Dredge in flour, Dip in egg. Then Completely coat in Panko
(Make sure entire surface of the chicken is coated in Panko)
- 5After all the chicken is Coated. Stash in the fridge and allow the coating to adhere for at least 30 minutes.
- 6Bring a Large sautee pan with high sides, and fill with Oil (Enough to Shallow Fry) and heat over medium heat.
- 7Place your Chicken in the oil, and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- 8Place in a 375 degree oven until internal temperature of 165 is reached. Allow to cool for 5 mins
- 9Enjoy :)