CHICKEN ROSEMARY (SALLYE)
Try it, I think you'll like it.
- 4 medium
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (or you can use 8 boneless skinless thighs)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 medium
- white onion
- ribs of celery
- 1 clove
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken bouillon
- 1-3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- 1/2 bunch
- 2 tsp
- fresh rosemary
- 1 c
- wild brown rice
How to Make CHICKEN ROSEMARY (SALLYE)
- 1Peel onion and cut into quarters, place in food processor.
Cut celery ribs into 2" pieces and add to processor.
Peel garlic clove and add to processor.
Pulse together until all items are finely diced.
- 2Wash parsley and remove stems.
Chop leaves only until finely diced.
- 3You can use a mortar and pestle to crush the rosemary or you can just use the leaves as is.
- 4Preheat oven to 375º
Lightly spray baking dish (I use a 9" x 9" size) and set aside.
- 5Place butter in heavy skillet over medium heat.
When butter is sizzling, add chicken pieces and brown on all sides. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
Remove chicken from pan and place in baking dish.
- 6In the same skillet, still over medium high heat, brown the onion, garlic and celery.
Stir often with wooden spoon to deglaze pan and keep vegetables from burning.
- 7Add parsley and rosemary to the skillet.
Add the water, wine and bouillon to the skillet, and continue to stir until liquid begins to boil.
- 8Add the uncooked rice and pour over chicken pieces.
- 9Place in preheated oven and cook for 45 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.