CHICKEN ROSEMARY (SALLYE)
Try it, I think you'll like it.
4 mediumboneless skinless chicken breasts (or you can use 8 boneless skinless thighs)
1 mediumwhite onion
2ribs of celery
1 Tbspchicken bouillon
1/4 cdry white wine
2 tspfresh rosemary
1 cwild brown rice
How to Make CHICKEN ROSEMARY (SALLYE)
- Peel onion and cut into quarters, place in food processor.
Cut celery ribs into 2" pieces and add to processor.
Peel garlic clove and add to processor.
Pulse together until all items are finely diced.
- Wash parsley and remove stems.
Chop leaves only until finely diced.
- You can use a mortar and pestle to crush the rosemary or you can just use the leaves as is.
- Preheat oven to 375º
Lightly spray baking dish (I use a 9" x 9" size) and set aside.
- Place butter in heavy skillet over medium heat.
When butter is sizzling, add chicken pieces and brown on all sides. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
Remove chicken from pan and place in baking dish.
- In the same skillet, still over medium high heat, brown the onion, garlic and celery.
Stir often with wooden spoon to deglaze pan and keep vegetables from burning.
- Add parsley and rosemary to the skillet.
Add the water, wine and bouillon to the skillet, and continue to stir until liquid begins to boil.
- Add the uncooked rice and pour over chicken pieces.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 45 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.