You'll find these rolls just a delicous when you substitute provolone cheese for the swiss and pastrami for the ham.
- boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 slice
- swiss cheese (2 1/2oz.),cut in half
- 4 slice
- ham, sliced thin
- 1/3 c
- dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- romano cheese, or parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsely, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
How to Make Chicken Rolls
- 1Grease square pan, 8x8x2 inches. Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-inch thickness between plastic wrap or waxed paper. Place 1 piece swiss cheese and 1 slice ham on each chicken piece. Fold long sides of each chicken piece over ham. Roll up chicken from short side; secure with toothpick.
- 2Mix bread crumbs, cheese and parsley. Dip chicken rolls into milk; coast evenly with bread crumb mixture. Place seam side down in pan. STOP HERE-see TO STORE and TOO COOK.
- 3To serve now, heat oven to 425 degrees. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when center of thickest pieces are cut.
- 4TO STORE
Freezer: Freeze unbaked chicken rolls uncovered about 1 hour or until firm. Wrap tightly and label. Freeze no longer than 2 months.
- 5TO COOK FROM FREEZER
Oven: About 1 1/4 hours before serving, heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake uncovered about 50 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.