Ruth Ann Vokac
1 tspolive oil
1/2red pepper, diced
1 Tbspsweet hungarian paprika
1chicken, cut into pieces, skinned removed
4plum tomatoes, peeled and finely diced or 1/2 cup diced, canned tomatoes, drained
3/4 cchicken broth
2-3 Tbspsour cream
·noodles or rice for serving
How to Make Chicken Paprikás
- Heat oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid. Sauté onions and red peppers over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add paprika, stir, and cook 1 more minute.
- Add chicken, broth, and tomatoes. Season with salt. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to med low. Cook for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While chicken is cooking, mix the sour cream and flour.
- After 50 minutes, remove the chicken pieces to a plate. Pour 1/2 cup of sauce into the sour cream/flour mixture. Stir until smooth. Whisk this mixture back into the skillet. Adjust seasonings. Return chicken pieces to the skillet, covering with the sauce. Heat over med low heat 2-5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Serve over rice or noodles.
- Note: If you prefer boneless chicken, cook 5-10 fewer minutes until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.