Chicken Margherita w/ Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
Blue Ribbon Recipe
So yummy! Serve as a main course or as a crostini topping for an amazing appetizer. The Test Kitchen
8 ozpackage of sliced baby portobello mushrooms
1 pkgfrozen spinach, thawed, and drained of any excess water
1 ptcherry tomatoes, halved
1 largeroasted red pepper, sliced julienne
3 cloveroasted garlic, minced
1 largechicken breast, grilled and sliced
1 csun-dried tomato vinaigrette (or your favorite sauce/vinaigrette)
·salt & pepper
1 boxwhole wheat penne pasta
2 ozshredded mozzarella cheese
1 tspdried basil
How to Make Chicken Margherita w/ Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, saute mushrooms until they have reduced in size. You can add a little salt and pepper to help season them at this point, if desired.
- While mushrooms are sauteing, start large pot of water and bring to a boil. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle just a little salt over them.
- Once the mushrooms have reduced in size, add the spinach and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package and drain. Reserve 1/2 cup of water from the pasta water.
- Add garlic and roasted red peppers to the mushroom/spinach mixture. Add the 1/2 cup of pasta water and reduce to medium-low heat.
- Once most of the water has evaporated, add the chicken and basil. Simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Add vinaigrette and mozzarella cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted. Add the tomatoes and cover the skillet. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Serve warm over pasta.