Chicken Margherita w/ Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
Blue Ribbon Recipe
So yummy! Serve as a main course or as a crostini topping for an amazing appetizer. The Test Kitchen
- 8 oz
- package of sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 pkg
- frozen spinach, thawed, and drained of any excess water
- 1 pt
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large
- roasted red pepper, sliced julienne
- 3 clove
- roasted garlic, minced
- 1 large
- chicken breast, grilled and sliced
- 1 c
- sun-dried tomato vinaigrette (or your favorite sauce/vinaigrette)
- salt & pepper
- 1 box
- whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 oz
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp
- dried basil
How to Make Chicken Margherita w/ Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, saute mushrooms until they have reduced in size. You can add a little salt and pepper to help season them at this point, if desired.
- 2While mushrooms are sauteing, start large pot of water and bring to a boil. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle just a little salt over them.
- 3Once the mushrooms have reduced in size, add the spinach and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Cook pasta according to package and drain. Reserve 1/2 cup of water from the pasta water.
- 5Add garlic and roasted red peppers to the mushroom/spinach mixture. Add the 1/2 cup of pasta water and reduce to medium-low heat.
- 6Once most of the water has evaporated, add the chicken and basil. Simmer for about 7 minutes.
- 7Add vinaigrette and mozzarella cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted. Add the tomatoes and cover the skillet. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Serve warm over pasta.