☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 slicetenderized chicken breast (like cube steak-only chicken )
1/4 cpoultry seasoning
2 Tbsplemmon pepper
3 Tbspcorn starch
3 call purpose flour
3 cbuttermilk (or 3 c milk mixed with 3 teaspoons vinegar )
·oil to coat bottom of pan 1/2 in deep (+ additional if needed
How to Make Chicken fried chicken steaks
- Mix lemon pepper and poultry seasoning
- sprinkle 1/3 of spice mix on chicken.. set aside
- mix flour and cornstarch and remaining spices in deep container
- Dredge chicken in flour, shake gently, then milk, then flour again... set aside to "dry".
- put enough oil in deep frying pan to coat bottom of pan 1/2 inch deep
Heat oil to med high in large skillet.
TO TEST : touch a wooden spoon handle to bottom of pan... when it has small bubbles coming from it .. oil is ready!
- Place chicken in pan 2 at a time and fry until they become slightly moist on top and golden on bottom (approx. 3-4 min)flip over ,and cook until golden on other side (2-3 min) Keep warm , on a foil lined cookie sheet,in a 200* oven while cooking other "steaks".