- 4 slice
- tenderized chicken breast (like cube steak-only chicken )
- 1/4 c
- poultry seasoning
- 2 Tbsp
- lemmon pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 c
- buttermilk (or 3 c milk mixed with 3 teaspoons vinegar )
- oil to coat bottom of pan 1/2 in deep (+ additional if needed
How to Make Chicken fried chicken steaks
- 1Mix lemon pepper and poultry seasoning
- 2sprinkle 1/3 of spice mix on chicken.. set aside
- 3mix flour and cornstarch and remaining spices in deep container
- 4Dredge chicken in flour, shake gently, then milk, then flour again... set aside to "dry".
- 5put enough oil in deep frying pan to coat bottom of pan 1/2 inch deep
Heat oil to med high in large skillet.
TO TEST : touch a wooden spoon handle to bottom of pan... when it has small bubbles coming from it .. oil is ready!
- 6Place chicken in pan 2 at a time and fry until they become slightly moist on top and golden on bottom (approx. 3-4 min)flip over ,and cook until golden on other side (2-3 min) Keep warm , on a foil lined cookie sheet,in a 200* oven while cooking other "steaks".