I PREFER TARRAGON OVER OREGANO. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW YOU ARE USING STEWED TOMATOES AS IT COOKS DOWN.
MY FAVORITE PASTA DISH FOR OVER 40 YEARS.
1 lbchicken breast, cut in small bite size pieces
2 Tbspolive oil
3 clovegarlic, minced
1 conion, diced
1 can(s)14 oz. stewed tomatoes
2 can(s)8 oz. tomato sauce
2 can(s)8 oz. mushrooms
1 Tbspdried tarragon, crushed
1 tspbasil, dried - crushed
1 tspmarjoram, dried - crushed
8 ozfettuccine pasta, cooked according to package
How to Make CHICKEN FETTUCINI
- 1. Saute the chicken in the olive oil, then adding the onion.
- 2. Now add your garlic and herbs, stir and saute for about 2 minutes
- 3. Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the pasta.
- 4. Cover and simmer 25-40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
- 5. Serve over hot cooked pasta.
- 6. NOTE:
Crushing the herbs in the palm of your hand while adding them brings out their flavor more.
As with any pasta dish, it tastes better the next day.