Chicken Enchilada with ( Colleen Sowa's Rice Pie)
- 1 small
- onion, chopped (about a cup)
- 2 small
- cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- 2 can(s)
- enchilada sauce mild
- 2-3 c
- cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 box
- spanish rice (make as directed by box)
- 2 c
- grated cheese (mexican blend)
How to Make Chicken Enchilada with ( Colleen Sowa's Rice Pie)
- 1Making the spanish rice crust ( from Colleen Sowa recipes)
- 2Meanwhile, saute the onion and olive oil until onions are translucent. Add garlic; cook for 2-3 on med low, just to combine the flavors. Place cooked chicken in pan and heat though.
- 3Pour the sauce and sugar in the pan with the chicken mixture mix well to combine.
- 4In the rice crust add a layer of cheese about 1/2 cup. Transfer the chicken sauce mixture to the crust. Then add the remaining cheese.
- 5Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Use a metal spatula to serve.
Serve with thinly sliced iceberg lettuce, guacamole or avocado slices, and sour cream. Garnish with cilantro