Chicken Enchilada with ( Colleen Sowa's Rice Pie)
1 smallonion, chopped (about a cup)
2 smallcloves garlic, minced
2 can(s)enchilada sauce mild
2-3 ccooked chicken, shredded or chopped
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 boxspanish rice (make as directed by box)
2 cgrated cheese (mexican blend)
How to Make Chicken Enchilada with ( Colleen Sowa's Rice Pie)
- Making the spanish rice crust ( from Colleen Sowa recipes)
- Meanwhile, saute the onion and olive oil until onions are translucent. Add garlic; cook for 2-3 on med low, just to combine the flavors. Place cooked chicken in pan and heat though.
- Pour the sauce and sugar in the pan with the chicken mixture mix well to combine.
- In the rice crust add a layer of cheese about 1/2 cup. Transfer the chicken sauce mixture to the crust. Then add the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Use a metal spatula to serve.
Serve with thinly sliced iceberg lettuce, guacamole or avocado slices, and sour cream. Garnish with cilantro