Chicken Enchilada Soup
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1 lbchicken breast fillets, cubed
1 largeyellow onion, diced
3 clovegarlic, minced
64 ozchicken broth
1-2 cmasa harina
10 ozred enchilada sauce
10 ozrotel tomatoes
16 ozvelveeta cheese
1 Tbspchili powder
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Add oil to a large stock pot over medium heat. Brown chicken cubes, 4-5 minutes. Remove chicken, set aside.
- Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Combine 1 cup of masa harina with 2 cups of water and whisk until blended.
- Add the remaining water, enchilada sauce, Rotel tomatoes, Velveeta, and spices. Bring to boil.
- Return chicken to the pot.
- If soup is to thin, you can add another cup of masa harina mixed with two cups of water. If soup is to thick, you can add more chicken broth.
- Garnish soup with shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla strips, and pico de gallo.