CHICKEN ENCHILADA Plate By Freda
You can choose Green or Red Sauce. I use either what ever I have the Notion for that day.
I serve this with Refried Beans, or rice or Both also a salad goes well with this dish.
- 12 oz
- ( approx 3 ) roasted chicken breasts diced or shredded (note: can use shredded beef or pork also even ground beef)
- mission tortillas ( taco size) low carb is good
- 1 1/2 C
- black beans, ( low salt)
- 4 Tbs
- salsa, ( hot or mild your choice)
- 2 1/2 C
- (old elpaso or rosarita) enchilada sauce red or green (about 2 small cans or 1 large)
- 6 Oz
- mozzarella cheese, shredded & (low sodium)
- 1/4 C
- black olives, sliced
- 1/4 C
- green onions, chopped (optional)
- (optional) topping of sour cream or guacamole
FREDA'S ENCHILADAS MAKES (8)
How to Make CHICKEN ENCHILADA Plate By Freda
- 11. PREHEAT OVEN @ 350
2. Mix Black Beans & Salsa.
3. Pour 2 Cup Enchilada Sauce in bottom of a 9X12 baking dish.
- 24. Place a small amount of Chicken and bean Mixture in 8 tortillas.
5. Sprinkle each with small amount of cheese. Roll up and place in sauce covered dish.
6. Pour the remaining sauce over the rolled up enchiladas in the pan.
- 37. Sprinkle remaining Cheese over top. top with Olives.
7. BAKE in oven @ 350 for 40 Minutes or til cheese is melted & sauce is blbbling.
8. This makes 8 Enchiladas.
OPTIONAL : Serve with green onions sprinkled over top with Sour cream or Guacamole.
ENJOY this easy to Prepare Dish. . . with
Refried Beans, or Black Beans
Spanish rice, or
NOTE: Important (If NOT Watching Sodium in your diet,) Your more than welcome to use Shredded Mexican Cheese, and More of it in this dish.