Chicken Enchilada Pie
- 4 c
- cubed or sliced cooked turkey or chicken
- 26 oz
- can of creme of chicken soup, lower sodium or home made
- 4 oz cans, diced green chilies
- 26 oz
- can green enchilada sauce or home made tomatillo salsa
- 16 oz
- sour creme, fat free
- 16 oz
- asadero or monterey jack cheese, or manchango, shredded
- onions, finely chopped
- 12 large
- flour tortillas or soft corn tort.
- 1 tsp
- mrs. dash southwest chipolte
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Pie
- 1In a sauce pan warm creme chicken soup, sour creme, green enchilada sauce& green chilies, & Mrs. Dash. If sauce is too thick after heating, add a little water or milk to thin it. You don't want it runny or it will make the dish soupy. Spray bottom & sides of 2 2qt. baking dishes or cast iron skillets with non-stick spray. Pour just enough sauce to barely coat bottom of pan.
NOTE: You can make your own cream sauce using a butter/flour roux and adding home made chicken stock and a little milk. Also make your own tomatillo salsa to reduce the sodium.
- 2Cut flour tortilla's into 8 pcs. each. Layer bottom of pan with tortillas. Place generous amount of turkey or chicken on top, layer with cheese, and sauce.
- 3Place another layer of tortillas, cheese, and sauce, then remainder of cheese & onion. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes-1 hr. until cheese is melted & bubbly. If cheese isnt' browned on top, place under broiler for apprx. 5 min.Top with salsa or red pepper flakes.