Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 pkg
- lipton onion soup mix
- enough water to cover chicken breast
- 8 c
- shredded mexican cheese
- 1 can(s)
- small can green chilies
- 2 can(s)
- red enchilada sauce
- 1-2 can(s)
- black olives sliced or whole (your preference)
- corn torillas (raw) i do not fry mine in oil.
PREPARE CHICKEN FILLING
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1Cut chicken breast into small 1-2" pieces (makes it easier to shred when done cooking).
In a stock pot, add chicken pieces, soup mix, soy sauce, salt, and enough water to cover the chicken.
Cook till breast is done. (you can let it stand in broth to absorb the flavor for as long as you like).
Drain (reserve broth for other recipes). Shred chicken breast (I use the end of metal spatula)
Add enough Jalapeno Salsa to make chicken moist.
- 2Drizzle olive oil on bottom of casserole dish.
Cut corn tortillas in half then into four strips and layer on bottom 2 tortilla strips thick.
Add layer of shredded cheese
Spoon chicken onto cheese layer
Add layer of green chilies
Add layer of cheese
Add layer of black olives
Spoon Enchilada sauce over olives,cheese,green chilies, and chicken.
Add another layer of corn tortilla strips.
Cover with more Enchilada sauce (lg. can) and top with cheese and more black olives (optional)