Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Heather Michele Miller-Lamantia
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgchicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)milk, 2%
1 bag(s)tortilla shells
1 bag(s)mexican blend shredded cheese
1 can(s)refried beans
1 ptsour cream
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Cook the chicken through until no longer pink. Cut/chop into bit-sized pieces. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cream of chicken soup with the milk in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. If mixture is too thick, add more milk a little at a time. Keep in mind it cannot be soupy thin.
- Add salsa. to taste, to the soup mixture. Mix well. Add the chicken and stir to coat all the chicken pieces thouroughly.
**I omit the salsa and just serve on the side when I make it for the kids**
- Pour some chicken mixture over the bottom of a baking dish. Sprinkle on some cheese.
- Cover the chicken mixture with a tortilla. May need to cut tortillas to make them fit your dish. I use 1 large and half of another to fill a 9X13 dish. Play around with it to see what works best for you.
- Continue layering the chicken, cheese and tortillas. Top layer should be a tortilla topped with some cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil wrap and bake for 30 minutes, the liquid in the mixture should be bubbling when done.
- To Let the casserloe stand a couple minutes so it's not really sloppy when you cut into the casserole. Serve with refried beans, salsa, sour cream and any extra cheese.