★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 cchopped, cooked chicken
1 pkg(8-ounce) shredded colby and monterey jack cheese blend
4 ozcream cheese, softened
1/4 cchopped red bell pepper
1jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 Tbspground cumin
1 pkg(15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
How to Make Chicken Empanadas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and next 7 ingredients
- Unroll 1 piecrust onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15-inch circle. Cut out rounds, using a 3-inch cookie cutter. Re-roll dough as needed.Repeat procedure with remaining piecrusts, making 12 to 15 circles total.
- Arrange 1 round on a clean, flat surface. Lightly brush the edges of crust with water. Place 1 heaping teaspoon of chicken mixture in the center of the round. Fold the dough over the filling, pressing the edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with the remaining rounds and chicken mixture.
- (Up to this point, the recipe can be made ahead and frozen for up to 1 month). Arrange empanadas on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.