Chicken & Dumplings
Note: Photo borrowed from internet.
4 largeboneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 ccarrots, chopped
1 ccelery, chopped
1 mediumyellow onion, chopped
1 can(s)cream of celery soup
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
2 can(s)chicken broth, low sodium
2 Tbspnature's seasoning
·black pepper, to taste
How to Make Chicken & Dumplings
- In a stockpot, add chicken and nature's seasoning to water and boil until chicken is cooked through.
- Chop veggies. In a skillet, heat enough olive oil to coat bottom of pan until oil ripples. Add veggies and saute until tender.
- When chicken is done, remove and chop.
- Strain chicken water (stock) if needed and then return it to the stockpot. Add canned chicken broth and soups and whisk until smooth. Add veggies, milk, and additional pepper to taste; stir. Bring to a slow boil.
- While waiting, mix bisquik biscuits according to box directions. I like a lot of dumplings, so I make an additional half to full recipe of biscuits.
- When liquid reaches slow boil, drop biscuits by spoonfuls into pot. Try not to let biscuits cover each other. When all biscuits are in, gently push them under liquid and allow them to come back up.
- Reduce heat to medium, put lid on pot and let cook for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to low, flip biscuits and break up as needed if some are too big. Return lid and cook for 10 more minutes. If at any time after adding the biscuits the heat seems to high and liquid may burn, reduce heat.