Note from the cook of this recipe: "When served with "Mujder" (muz'dej)sauce this very simple recipe becomes the famous "Dracula Chicken". Mujder is a spicy Romanian sauce." Recipe to follow ingredients.They claim that there is no actual recipe for the Mujder sauce.
None the less this recipe is really tasty.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 lb roasting chicken
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp oil, sunflower oil preferred
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon quartered *
- "mujdei sauce"
- crushed garlic cloves
- lemon juice
- sunflower oil (optional)
NOTE: THERE IS NO ACTUAL RECIPE FOR MUJDEI (MUZ'DEJ) SAUCE AND AMOUNT OF INGREDIENTS ARE TO TASTE.
How to Make Chicken Dracula
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2Combine butter, thyme, paprika, oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic and shallot
- 3Rub mixture over the skin of the chicken
- 4Tie legs together with kitchen twine and place chicken breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan
- 5Put the quartered lemon inside cavity of chicken
- 6Roast at 350F for 1 hour
- 7Increase oven temperature to 450F and roast for 15 minutes longer
- 8Let cool for 10 minutes before carving