Chicken, Corn & Poblano Lasagna
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 3 clove
- 2 c
- fresh corn kernels, or frozen and thawed
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 tsp
- fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c
- thinly sliced white onion
- poblano chiles, charred, peeled, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1-inch strips
- large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- no-boil lasagna sheets
- 3 c
- diced, cooked chicken
- 2 c
- shredded oaxaca cheese, or mozzarella
How to Make Chicken, Corn & Poblano Lasagna
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add 2/3 of the garlic and the corn and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes for the flavors to incorporate. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly. Transfer to a blender and season with the thyme and some salt and pepper, and puree until smooth.
- 3Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining garlic and cook for 1 minute. Mix in the poblano strips and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes for the flavors to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat.
- 4Spread about 1/4 of the corn mixture over the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cover with a layer of 3 lasagna sheets. Spread 1/3 of the chicken, then 1/3 remaining poblano mixture, and 1/3 of the cheese over the pasta. Repeat the layering two more times, ending with the cheese. Cover with foil.
- 5Bake until the pasta is cooked and tender, about 50 minutes. Remove the foil and turn up the oven temperature to broil. Broil until golden brown and bubbly, 8-10 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- 6Note: The no-boil lasagna noodles work perfectly as long as you put the corn sauce down first and make sure that all noodles are covered and not left exposed. They need liquid to soak up in order to cook properly.